Performance in Mind was set up with the goal of making performance psychology widely accessible so everyone who wants to perform well can benefit from the great techniques that we use.
Working one to one with people is expensive and we realise that many people who would benefit cannot afford to pay the costs required for individual sessions. As a result we have developed some options to make performance psychology and the techniques used, available to everyone, whatever their budget. These can be bought for yourself or as a gift.
Sporting Brain Box
The Sporting Brain Box we designed with the amazing Sarah Dudgeon who runs Art of Your Success, which gives you a fun way to complete 13 sport psychology techniques to help you perform better and enjoy your sport more. The 13 elements of the box are:
- The training journal – A day to day activity where as well as logging your physical training, you also track your thoughts, feelings, joys and worries about your sport.
- Control mapping postcard – To help you focus on what is important.
- What if planning postcard – To get your pre competition worries out of your head and instead doing something proactive.
- Confidence booster postcard – To remind yourself of everything you have done in your training.
- Pre-performance routine postcard – To boost your feelings of control and focus on what is relevant in competition build up.
- Skills sheet postcard – To give us confidence we are competent in our sport.
- Competition playlist postcard – Setting up your playlist to get amped up for performance.
- Goal setting sheet – To achieve your potential you need to head off in the right direction, undertaking the right training. This sheet helps you do this.
- Knowing your chimp sheet & chimp – Professor Steve Peters made chimps famous when he likened part of our brain (our amygdala) to one. This little dude and the accompanying chimp sheet helps you get to know, understand and sooth yours.
- Mantra wristbands – Shape your positive self talk and practice with our wrist bands until you have your ideal mantra nailed.
- Weekly planner pad – This will help you stay on top of your goals and training.
- Stars in the dark – This helps you run a strengths audit and benefit from your uniqueness when you complete.
- Bravery box – A visual reminder of the efforts we have put into our training and preparation.
The box costs £50 and can be purchased on this link: Art of Your Success website.
Performing under Pressure Book
Josephine’s first book Performing Under Pressure was published in 2019 and was written to be an essential resource to improve sporting performance in high-pressure situations. The book takes the nine most common reasons an athlete comes to see a sport psychologist, explains why each element occurs and suggest the right techniques to resolve it. There are 64 techniques and strategies offered within the book helping those using it to develop the right sporting mindset and perform at the highest standards, even under the most pressurised of situations. The book covers:
- Embracing competition
- Building confidence
- Dealing with nerves
- Concentration and focus
- Maintaining emotional control
- Learning from and coping with failure or injury
- Being braver
- Pushing harder
- 64 strategies with evidence as to why they work and instructions on how to implement them.
Signed copy of Performing Under Pressure
A signed copy of Performing under Pressure either for yourself or as a gift for an athlete or coach. It costs £17.99 and £2.01 in postage and packaging. If you would like it dedicated to someone other than yourself please email me at Josie@performanceinmind.co.uk to let me know.
Sport Psychology voucher
Dr Perry works over Skype, sees clients at The Practice at 322 on West End Lane in West Hampstead, The Children's Wellness Centre in Chiswick or can come to a venue near you if in central London. The voucher will give a private sport psychology session with Dr Josephine Perry over Skype or in person in central London.