If you are looking to increase your success whether in sport, on the stage or in your profession you will benefit from developing an performance mindset; learning strategies to improve your mental abilities and boost the impact and effectiveness of your physical training. The strategies will help you maximise your long term success, deal better with injury or set backs and can help if you are aiming to achieve a one off challenge. All plans are personalised and designed around your specific needs but tend to follow the following structure:
- An intake consultation and assessment – this is held either in person or over Skype to discuss the mental skills you already use, your objectives and areas that are currently preventing you from achieving these goals. After this session you will be asked to reflect upon some questions and answer some questionnaires to hone in on the areas of mental skills training, support and work that will benefit you most.
- An initial programme of work, set across five sessions, is created for you to ensure you learn the strategies and tools which will help you. These can be developed, taught and discussed in person or over Skype. These sessions will be different for each athlete or performer based on their event and their current difficulties.
- After the five sessions if you would like to continue working together to support your performance we move onto to a pay per session programme. This is invoiced monthly.
- All work created as part of the package is collated and sent to you afterwards so you can refer back to it and refresh your skills in the future.
This package can work well for…
- Someone who competes or performs regularly and wants to maximise their success and learn some long term mental skills and performance techniques. The plan often includes strategies and tactical goal planning, setting of targets and focus for the season and the identification of mental skills to improve specific barriers in current performance.
- Anyone who is currently injured to set goals for recovery and information and advice on making the most of injury time to learn new mental skills. The process will also include identification of potential trigger points and stressors for further injury and help to ensure these can be managed effectively.
- Those dealing with performance issues which are really restricting their ability to succeed. These are often related to anxiety, lack of emotional control or social comparison.
When: Times available during the day or until 10pm in the evening. For Skype sessions you can book directly into the diary at: https://calendly.com/josephineperry – if you would prefer to meet face to face then you can email to book and agree location.
Where: Skype or in person in West London
How much will it cost: £450 (Skype) £500 (Clinic, your home or other venue). This co covers the initial session, the five individual sessions.
How do I book: Through the contact page or call: 07958 519733.
An athlete who used the this package says:
“I wanted to drop you a line now I’ve got my head around the race a bit more and say a huge thank you. Both for your support on the day which meant so much and all your guidance in the build up. I found I called on a number of different things we worked on throughout the race; from visualisation helping me to be comfortable running at night, relaxation techniques when things didn’t go as well and planning for different situations that arose and how I could respond to them positively. It made such a difference to my race experience.”
“I am now able to use things I already know to help build my confidence and a positive attitude, instead of always relying on others. I am able to stay more focused in a race and am able to focus on specific, achievable smaller targets. I am able to approach things that I was nervous about with more confidence and armed with new ways to approach them and I have better, more useful, strategies in place for dealing with areas of my sport that make me nervous or I feel I am not as good at.”